Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Question 4


what is the climax of this novel? what happens? how do the events of this novel make you feel?

The climax of the novel is when the boys encounter their violence and kill Piggy. It was their first time to show their violence and evil sides by killing Piggy. Piggy, who has once been one of their best freinds, was killed with the boys' intention. When Piggy called Jack's tribe a savage tribe, Jack gets Ralph's men and he traps them. As a result of that, Piggy is killed by Jack. And Ralph and his boys learn how cruel and cold hearted Jack is. They learn this in a very hard way by loosing one of their friends. Ralph runs away from Jack and he later relizes that the evil was coming from Jack himself, not the outside. As I was reading this part, I was getting angry and frustrated on Jack's actions. I could not believe how someone could kill their friend without any pitty or compassion. I was feeling sympathy towards Ralph and Piggy for being in the same island as Jack. When I read the part where Piggy was killed, I was very upset by Jack's actions. Jack and his boys were loosing their innocence and civilizations and letting the evil sides come in to them and let the evil sides take control over them. Roger lost sense of being sympathy and he did not feel anything when killing. He was forgetting about the rules and he was enjoying killing other people and he let the savage take the control over him. I also felt sad because Piggy and Ralph were the ones that were representing the democracy group, but Piggy death meant that there were no more democracy. These were the reasons why I felt bad for Piggy and Ralph.

No comments: