what is the mood of this novel? do you find this novel saddens you in any way? why?
The only I can think of when I think about the mood of the story is 'dark'. From the beginning to the end, this novel has a mood of savage and dark. Boys were divided into two groups and they were killing each other. I don't think there is no happiness in this book and it only contains dark and dull stuff inside. Even though it was dark, I personally liked it, not because it had violent stuff in it, but because it was very meaningful to me. I was able to realize about us humans and how we have that savage and cruel side of us. When I read this book it saddened me in somewhat special way. I was shocked by the actions that the boys were doing and I couldn't believe that people were that cruel enough to kill other people without any sympathy towards the others. It was sick to see how they killed their "friends" without any feeling inside of them. It is dark because this book is about how they lost their innocence and let their evil side take control over them.
The only I can think of when I think about the mood of the story is 'dark'. From the beginning to the end, this novel has a mood of savage and dark. Boys were divided into two groups and they were killing each other. I don't think there is no happiness in this book and it only contains dark and dull stuff inside. Even though it was dark, I personally liked it, not because it had violent stuff in it, but because it was very meaningful to me. I was able to realize about us humans and how we have that savage and cruel side of us. When I read this book it saddened me in somewhat special way. I was shocked by the actions that the boys were doing and I couldn't believe that people were that cruel enough to kill other people without any sympathy towards the others. It was sick to see how they killed their "friends" without any feeling inside of them. It is dark because this book is about how they lost their innocence and let their evil side take control over them.

No comments:
Post a Comment